Snowmobile Fanatics banner

compatibility between 600 and 700 liberty twins

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Polaris_Parts_MN 
#1 ·
so im looking to get more power out of my sled. i have a 2009 iq shift 600 thats an off breed because in 09 they are cfi but mine in carb anyways its time for a crank shaft and im thinking about putting 700 cylinders and pistons in it as well for more power does anyone know if the 700 cylinders will fit on the 600 block if they both have ves? i want to go this route because i want to stay carb i dont want to go cfi. if i use a 700 bottom end i understand ill have to replace the stator and other fun stuff and plug injectors all i really want to know is if i can put say 07-10 700 cylinders on my 09 600 bottom end. ive read that they both should be small blocks just i dont see anything about sleds this new on here. any comments welcome and open to other suggestions.

#2 ·
There was no 2007-2010 700 that was intended to run on carbs, they were all CFI. To me, it sounds like a tuning nightmare. Yes, the 700 cylinders will fit on the 600 bottom end. But then you would also need the 700 head, and the 700 VES guillotines. It wouldn't be a cost effective endeavor.

If you want more power, the best (and cheapest) way to achieve that is through clutching and suspension tuning to put that power to the ground. I'm sure there are also used aftermarket pipes like SLP out there that will increase the actual horsepower of the motor slightly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.