Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've recently bought a utility trailer, standard 4x8, 1500lbs capacity for my snowmobile. I considered buying a snowmobile trailer, but cheapest I could fine was $1199 canadian. I got the utility trailer on sale for $449, included wiring kit and lights, etc. Now I just need to put in a plywood floor, and I could use it as is. However, I was hoping to put a nose cone to keep the road grime off my machine, has anybody done this .. or know how to do it? Any help/suggestions appreciated. I noticed I could also buy them online for $300, but I'm sure it could be made for cheaper than that! thanks.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I have heard of people using a plastic 55-gal drum. I guess they cut them in half and attach the halves to the front of the trailer some how.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just picked up a 4X8 utility trailer for 189.00 NEW from harbor freight.com I used 3/4 pressure treated ply on the floor, and I for 2x4's for the rail kit,, and 1x8 pressure treated for front sides and back.. it is like 27 inch sides and front and tail gate// all I did was made 2 front pannels. one for my arcticat and one for home other use the sled one I just cut out so the ski's can protrude, but I cant use the tail gate, sled os too long. but I could imagin it would keep it clean. plus I have a trailerable cover. it is a tight fit, no room on the sides since the ski width is 4'.. but I get the cat in. good luck oh 90.00 for all wood I use..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts