Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity what is the lowest compression have you seen a sled run well on, What are side affects of low compression other than the ovious(low power, hard starting)

Also I wondered if anyone could tell me If a NGK B9ES will ruin a CDI on a 1989 ski-doo citation ls, BR9ES is the regular plug for this sled i just got a bunch of free B9ES, I know they don't have a resistorand can cause interference but will this reck my CDI??

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
187 Posts
As far as the resistor plugs go, i've read your other posts and the info others gave was pretty acurate. Personally, i would run the non-resistor plugs. I remember a big push for resistor plugs in the mid 90s due to interference with cdi units. i dont however remembering anything said back around the era of your sled.
As far as your compression questions...the symptoms you described are the big ones. Also will be poor performance.
How low an engine will run well on is subjective. There are other variables that can contribute, but all things equal, i've seen good performance down to 90#. Would have been better for sure if it was higher, but it still held it's own. I've seen engines RUN on 60#, but it was a pain to get started. With the variances of gages, you can be assured if its over 100# and within 10% of each other, you should be good. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same here
With out the resistor you might screw up some ones TV if they are running rabbit ears while you ride by there house
I look at a rebuild (top end) come 110 psi

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Polaris Doc is right get down in the 60's-70's become a nightmare to start

1 - 4 of 4 Posts