Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my risers on....i had enough snow the other weekend to take er out around my yard. When i went to catwalk or just a shot of throttle my risers pivoted back on the pivot adapter. they're as tight as they can go yet they still move...can someone help me to figure out why?...Thanx

[attachment=48491]

[attachment=48492]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
ZL 500. They might be slipping for some reasons. My friend had the same problem... You said that you tighnted them as hard as they could go... Try putting some lock washers in. Or do the trick my friend did. Take some doublesided tape from 3M and then apply the risers back on. They didn't move a bit for my friend....

Hope I could Help
Good Luck
SledCrew

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Another Thing....

You common sense...

The Riser is Obviousley not "secured" on the adapter...

Did u buy the same brand Risers and Adapters?

Slipping means no grip....
Try rolling some tape around the adapter to take up space which will grip....

And also my friends at school said you can buy some adhesive for it.... Try some household things..

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
I had to torque the crap out of my riser on the adapter. I ended up using a jack handle on the end of my allen wrench to torque them. I was actually worried about stripping the aluminum in the riser, but thankfully never did.

Was there paint covering the area the riser attached to? If there was, the paint may be flaking off, resulting in a slippery surface. Remove the riser, and remove paint if needed.

If worse comes to worse, and you have the tools, you can drill out the riser and place a set screw it in so that the set screw tightens against the bars. If done correctly, they shouldn't move period when finished.

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
Originally posted by jdzaharia
[br]I would say the higher the riser, the harder it would be to keep tightened. And you have the tallest riser I have ever seen.
I think this one may have him beat. Not sure what his is, but this one's a full 7 inches of aluminum riser. [:I]

[attachment=48496]

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx i will try all that...yeh its a powermadd riser with the powermadd pivot adapter...im scared to wrench it too much cuz it might strip like u said...but i'll hafta try it. I didnt want to try tape or anything because it should work..i bought the stuff at the same time and it should be working fine together. So i think i might just torque the crap out of it and see...Quinlan i like when you leave replies becuz we have similar sleds :)

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
I'd just go with a Powermadd throttle block, I've heard they're good. Otherwise you can go to your local Cat dealer and order one from any sled you like. I personally went with a two piece throttle block from a '98 SnoPro.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
those bars look tall. id say get it as tight as you can. ive seen 1 sled with risers larger than that they were fly basr a 8 inch power madd block and the pivot riser with the 2 inch longer steering post.

·
Registered
700 Posts
wow!! 4" bars and 7" riser? How tall are you man if you dont mind me asking?

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
Not sure if you're referring to me or not, but that's my setup. 11" of rise off the steering post. I'm personally 6'3".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.