Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mines friend has a 97 RMK 700 with a custom 144 skidoo tunnel,2 in paddle,"New Jugs and rebuilt topend,has a clear light weight hood,slp pipe and other minor mods..It pretty much a lightweight MTN sled and he wants $900 for it, I have seen it in person and it is a decent sled but he thinks either the stator wire or cdi has a short because one plug will get weak spark and foul out sometimes..I think it sounds like a good deal..What do u guys think?? I should be able to resell it for more??

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Well if that's what's wrong, then yeah you should beable to fix that up pretty cheap and have a strong running sled, for yourself, or sell and make some quick cash off of.... question is, is that all that is wrong????? it's kind of a tuffy...

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know its nothing internally because it has a fresh motor with very few miles on it.. cdi boxes are like $230...I might have to look into it more and see whats wrong, it books like $2800 on kbb..or maybe I should just save my money for something else.. yeh it is kind of a tuffy..

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Well if you CAN narrow it down to the CDI then yes it would be a great deal, with 1,130 into the sled I'm sure you would not have a problem selling it for double that....

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
$900, that seems really cheap, i think its a good deal just from the price. If not you can buy it and sell it for parts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts