Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 zrt 600, over all it was a blast to ride, but I kept having to sink in $$$ and waiting for minor repairs. Most of my riding is with family, but a weekly guys hard ride is the norm. I kept up with the boyz fine, but I am shopping around for a newer machine. I have a great lead on a 2002 zl 800 ss, but wanted to run it by the forum freaks for a review. My google searches don't seem to fine much in terms of reviews/problems/ etc... It has 3000 miles and no impact damage. Asking price is $4500. If anyone owns one, or has any opinion whatsoever it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
sounds like its in the right price range for me....check the track and belts and all that good stuff....if u do more ditch bangin id go for a zr instead of a zl

·
Registered
864 Posts
Rode up north with a friend's freind brining up one. It was a 2002, copper coloured. mm batterless EFI and had the smart shock in it. We all took turns swapping rides. I put about 60 miles on it.
Can't comment on the price.. The ride was nice, not super outstanding but predictable and plush. The Zl likes to pull the slkies in the air with the transfer. It was'nt mine but I'd hope you could limit it a bit more. It was fun getting air with it and flew nicley. Over bumps and mogles the skies were light. Lauching out of the corvers would give a 3-4 in ski lift. 1 inch track grabbed well without excessive spinning.
He liked it, but only had bout a 1000 miles on it. He also moved from a ZRT.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
No experience with this particular 800 but have ridden with guys who had 800 cats. They are no slouch, not much of a step up as far as speed goes from the ZRT if it had any mods on it but the suspension should be real nice for trail riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts