Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all the harness, sensors, and ecu. I need to know what else is needed to do this convertion. I know the jugs are different from efi to carb, but it still should work. I think there is a sensor down by the track, what does that do? Also when you pull the pull cord what moves in there to tell the fuel pump to turn on? I'm sure I will have some more questions but I will get to those later. In case you guys are wondering I am turbocharging this sled. Any help would be much apperciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also need to know what the white connector is that looks just like the injector connectors?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I'm not 100% sure of everything you need but I can answer a couple questions you asked. The fuel pump turns on when power is sent to the efi computer(turn key on). Not sure about a sensor by the track? The relays mount next to the chain case, is that what you mean? The crank case sensor will need to be tapped if the hole isn't already plugged.
Seems like it would have been easier to get an efi sled. I've seen alot switched from efi to carbs but never known of someone switching to efi lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leave it to me to be the black sheep. Its just going to be easier to control the fuel with the efi. I have access to getting the eproms burned, plus I can put in a wideband O2 sensor and get my fuel really dialed in.

That must be the crank sensor with the white connector then. I am missing that one. Does anyone have any detailed pics of a efi wiring on the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, but im still not finding the crank sensor. I did find the crank case temp sensor. I have no idea why they would have one of those.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You need the throttle body intakes... they are 42mm as opposed to 38mm.. also the crank sensor is supposed to be on the left side of the engine.... I did the opposite conversion and this is where I drilled to make a pulse line.
I was going to leave it EFI but i put it in a carbed body sled so I really didn't want to change the harness and add the battery box and crap like that so I just carbed it. The cool thing with the 500 is all I did was add a pulse line .. changed the carb boots...put on the carbs... and was done.. no electrical changes or anything of that nature... been running it for 3 years now.. just rebuilt it this winter.
The EFI 500's are very strong due to the large port sizes so when you carb them they really run strong when you get it dialed in.

Here is where the sensor should be on the crank case..

[attachment=50474]

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts