Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I collect ck3 mach zs I have 17 at the moment I've totally rebuilt and restored, I ride my atv in an area that has roads paved and clean open to atvs, I would not ride my sled in the gravel and dirt, I want to add allot of bogie wheels and put on an old track and figure out a way to run two wheels per ski, the old style sleds need support where running one wheel without skis wouldn't work well, there is a cross over hose at the rear of the exchangers just before the flap, if I taped into these and ran two lines to the front bumper to a atv radiator do you guys think that would cool it?again this plan is for on road use only and obviously have it registered and insured and it is legal I looked into it, I want to only put a few Mike's on on the roads when I bring my wheelers riding, any ideas are much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
This place is dead now days.

I think you may be onto something with the extended cooler lines and some sort of air to water heat exchanger. It's certainly going to be a trial and error thing. A temp gauge will be a must. Ambient air temps will also have a great effect on how your cooling system operates as well.

Give it a whirl. You have the resources. Let us know how you make out.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This place is dead now days.

I think you may be onto something with the extended cooler lines and some sort of air to water heat exchanger. It's certainly going to be a trial and error thing. A temp gauge will be a must. Ambient air temps will also have a great effect on how your cooling system operates as well.

Give it a whirl. You have the resources. Let us know how you make out.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply, I'm going to give a try I am not sure I understand coolant systems well when it come to the hieght, does the radiator hight have to be higher that the engine?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Besides frome that I'm fully aware of other things that would need done, I will post back my setup this thread wont go ten years dead🤣 a month or so till I can get it setup, sad Facebook has taken over I miss the old days

·
Registered
54 Posts
Besides frome that I'm fully aware of other things that would need done, I will post back my setup this thread wont go ten years dead🤣 a month or so till I can get it setup, sad Facebook has taken over I miss the old days
With battery rig up some kind of radiator fan if that was not already in your plans.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With battery rig up some kind of radiator fan if that was not already in your plans.
I just bought this radiator, I'm thinking about tapping the crossover hose in the back of the exchangers, and mounting the radiator to the rear bumper and running a battery in the trunk hooked to the fan to run full time, obviously it will not stay charged long but I only want to rip up and own a road a few times, any other mounting ideas? And what should I do for wheels up front? Wish more people could reply because I have the skills to do it and yet the easiest ideas I overlook lol!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts