Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, next year, I'm looking at going to Cooke City with my dad, but, I was wondering what I'm looking at for ticket prices to fly from either boston, worcester, portland, manchester ( NH ) or hartford, to the closest place to cooke city. I also want to rent. I want to rent something 500-700 with a 136" track. And for my dad, a 700-1000 with a 136" track. What am I looking at to spend. Also, what are hotel prices there?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Your going to want to fly out of Boston. It will be the cheapest because it is the biggest.

Your going to have to do your own homework on the rest. Unless your taking me with you.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
At the Polaris and Skidoo dealer in town you can only rent a 600 rmk ,dragon rmk, touring sled, or a 600 sdi summit. The highest price was $180 a day for the dragon so the rest are cheaper. I belive the summit was $160 a day but not positive on that. Rooms were $90 a day for two queen beds.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah.. I thought they were like 300 a day. I think I'm gonna put a 136" on my sled in the summer, and me and my dad are gonna trailer.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Where are you from? Its not the most enjoyable ride even from WI.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maine, where it's ALL ice.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Holy cow thats a long drve out there. I would fly. Gas alone out there will be more than your plane tickets.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Well from Bangor to Cooke City is 2618 miles and 40 1/2 hours of drive time (according to mapquest) 2 round trip tickets from bangor to billings is 1313-1364 (according to travelocity) so either way it's going to be VERY spendy....

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
No way is it worth driving that far, even flying is difficult. Not exactly huge airports in MT, then you'd have to rent a vehicle and take the long way into cooke through the park since 212 isn't plowed in the winter.

·
Registered
586 Posts
not to mention the wear and tear on your vehicle ... pulling a trailer for 40 hours straight is gonna add up ... u'd damn near have to change ur oil by the time u got there! lol

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Originally posted by 93coty
[br]No way is it worth driving that far, even flying is difficult. Not exactly huge airports in MT, then you'd have to rent a vehicle and take the long way into cooke through the park since 212 isn't plowed in the winter.
You can just go in from WY at that parking lot and ride in 10 miles. Take your bags on your sleds and drive right into Cooke. Its just that short strip that isnt plowed and you can cut four hours out of your trip.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Total Est. Time: 39 hours, 24 minutes Total Est. Distance: 2523.91 miles

No problem. We'll have a brand new trailer. And mabye even a new car by then. I think 40 hours is worth it. there and back. 3 days of driving. That's why we'll go next year, save up, and then go.. I'm thinkin, what are we gonna spend? 8,000-10,000? We'll be spending serious cash.

We've done a drive this long before with a U-haul, towing a mini van, and driving another car. Going up through michigan, and got trapped there for a couple days in a blizzard. Is there somewhere else that good that has that much snow that is equal or less distance?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
If you can drive 40 hours straight hats off to you but your most likely going to want to stop so add atleast six hours to that for rest plus a hotel/motel room cost. Over $1600 in gas alone out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts