Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as i have to fill the lines and everything tomorrow, I was just wondering what color coolant you run? Whats best for a sled?

·
Registered
680 Posts
http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/rdcb.aspx
then dump some of this in there too.

there is other stuff called "Water Wetter" that is the same.

·
Registered
308 Posts
50/50 water and prestone, checked mine yesterday and its good down to -45!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
50/50 premixed right out of the jug, as far as i know it doesnt really matter what jug it is. Also be aware of snake oil type deals.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
prestone...right out of the jug 50/50

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Whatever you do don't use the orange/pink stuff or your gonna be sorry you did.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
98700xc said:
Whatever you do don't use the orange/pink stuff or your gonna be sorry you did.
What about the preston 50/50 yellow? I haven't put any in yet, It's just I'm having a hard time finding the green around here, I check a few places last night after work, and all they are selling is the Prestone yellow and orange. And I know not to use the orange. It said the yellow is ok on aluminum. But I'd rather not put it in till I know 100% is ok to do so. Any one know?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The yellow is designed to be able to be mixed with all other types of coolant, so if you have a vehicle that has the orange in it like most newer cars and trucks you can intermix it without causing a problem,.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
98700xc said:
The yellow is designed to be able to be mixed with all other types of coolant, so if you have a vehicle that has the orange in it like most newer cars and trucks you can intermix it without causing a problem,.
Oh alright. We'll I was able to find some green. So that took care of my issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Prestone full strength and mix it yourself. You get twice the antifreeze for the price that way. People who buy pre-mixed are either too dumb to mix it themselves or have more money than brains.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
wats wrong with orange? i use it no problems. my family owns chevys with orange and thats all i have laying around didnt know it would be bad.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
polarisripper28 said:
wats wrong with orange? i use it no problems. my family owns chevys with orange and thats all i have laying around didnt know it would be bad.
its not bad as long as you flush the system completely clean before you put the dexcool in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts