Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seem to have a leak in my coolant system, i have filled up my resivoir 2 times in 60 miles. i couldnt really see where it was leaking from cuz my sled was all wet already.

also...on one cylinder, the spark plug (the bolt part of the plug) is like changing color, its like getting hot is how i would explain it. i am gonna bring it into the dealer after xmas to have him look at it cuz ive only put 60 miles on it and it shouldnt be doin that.

any of u guys have any tips on what it could be?

Think Snow...hell...might as well think lots of snow!

Member #3 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had a similar problem, the coolant was leaking in the heads and was being spit out the muffler (white smoke).

Had to change the head gaskets. An easy DIY project. How old is the sled? How many miles?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Both my Xlts had two different type of coolant leaks this past winter.

First thing I would recommend is getting a coolant pressure testing kit. Pump it up to about 20psi and you should either see or hear the leak at that point.

One the first XLT it turned out to be a main hose that came from the top of the motor and routed through the bulkhead. It was rubbing and would only leak above 15psi. Would never have seen it at idle or mid-range throttle. Replace hose and covered it with the old hose so it wouldn't wear through.

2nd XLT leaked right out from the bolts on the head cover. I was thinking new head gaskets too but it didn't smoke white at all so all I did was retorque the head bolts in the specified pattern in the manual and it didn't lead after that. Didn't need head gaskets after.

Hope that helps.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i got it figured out, i will have to wait till tomorrow so i can fill it up to the specified level. there is a hose to drain the system, at least thats all i can think it is. and there is a plug w/ a hose clamp around it and it was leaking a little out of there, i put another clamp on, and it seemed to stop, tomorrow when i fill it up again, i will have to see what happens. i hope its that

Think Snow...hell...might as well think lots of snow!

Member #3 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

1 - 4 of 4 Posts