Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I post it here as the sensor is installed in a Polaris sled.[:D] I check my manual and didn't find how to check if my coolant sensor lacated under the reservoir is ok. It should be a spec in homs with the digital multimeter[?] And there should be a method to check the wiring in the sled, or just start the sled and disconnect one wire and check if the light lighten[?]

·
Registered
807 Posts
It's a temp switch not a sensor. It should be open (no conductivity) until it reaches high limit when it closes and completes circuit to warning light (0 ohms). This temp may be around 200 F. Connect ohm meter, boil some water and see if circuit closes.

Sensors on newer sleds that have 3-d CDI mapping and have specific resistance at 68 F and usually 190 or 212F. This is generally any engine that has a TPS.

Sensors for OEM temp guages act the same except they don't affect timing.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Thinksno
[br]It's a temp switch not a sensor. It should be open (no conductivity) until it reaches high limit when it closes and completes circuit to warning light (0 ohms). This temp may be around 200 F. Connect ohm meter, boil some water and see if circuit closes.

Sensors for OEM temp guages act the same except they don't affect timing.
Ok thanks, or maybe just unfix both wire from the temp switch and by-pass the sled wiring and check if the light turn on. After I will check the switch conductivity at hot and cold temp. [;)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts