Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 2003 yamaha rx1 mountain and i am having cooling problems i was wounrding if u's guys have any tips to stop that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Did you make sure there is no air bubbles in the coolant, what snow conditions are you riding in??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BAMT700 said:
Did you make sure there is no air bubbles in the coolant, what snow conditions are you riding in??
will the snow is not to bad here there some spotes it is hard paced and i dont think i have a air lock in the system i have scrathers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
915 Posts
hard pack snow+mountain sled= overheating problems. Sometimes the snow flap is shorter on mountain sleds it may help to get a longer one. Try to get off the side of the trail in loose snow if you can it will help cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fusionshuk06 said:
hard pack snow+mountain sled= overheating problems. Sometimes the snow flap is shorter on mountain sleds it may help to get a longer one. Try to get off the side of the trail in loose snow if you can it will help cool
yah that's what i was thinking too coz see this is my first year having a mountain sled so and the winter was pretty shity here so but maybe next year will be good i hope but i love my mountain sled
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Did you put a temp gauge on to see where you are at??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BAMT700 said:
Did you put a temp gauge on to see where you are at??
yes i did my sled runs beteen 160 180 and 200 to 210 is running hot
and i also put a bigger snow flap to help and it did lol we just need more snow
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top