Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever modified their liquid cooling system in order to improve performance?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Many drag racers will run a bypass hose that can be hooked up to a tank of water in the pits that will quickly replace the hot water with cold water.

I've never modded my coolant system. There's no need for it. The manufacturer's usually do a good job at keeping stock sleds cool. If your engine gets too hot, it's usually the riders fault. IMO. I know the F7 has a service bulletin out for proper burping of the coolant system, but once that's fixed i'm sure it will be fine.

The only thing i ever added was some Water Wetter to the coolant which helps eliminate "hot spots".

·
Registered
608 Posts
The 2002 Polaris's had a cooling problem. If this is what you own, the repair is a new coolant bottle, see your dealer. They also made a heat exchanger that could be installed in the back to keep customers happy. On my older sled I had problems with overheating in minimal snow conditions. My cure was running a hose to the nose and installing a finned pipe. I never overheated again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts