Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '97 polaris 600XC and currently use NGK BR9ES plugs but they seem a tad on the oily side. Would the BR8ES be worth a shot? Also what would be the correct gap sizes for the plugs for my particular sled?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I would run what's on the sticker under the hood. You may have some issues if you go hotter. Are you having any running issues with it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jman01 said:
I have a '97 polaris 600XC and currently use NGK BR9ES plugs but they seem a tad on the oily side. Would the BR8ES be worth a shot? Also what would be the correct gap sizes for the plugs for my particular sled?
The 9's are recommended for that sled. If they are not fouling I wouldn't be messing around running a hotter plug. How are you checking the plugs? After a Good rip across a field or after putting around on a trail at 30mph?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it runs fine, just wanted a little input before actually doing it. As far as testing goes, its a bit of both. Kinda slower till I get to an open area then I let it rip. I have always used those plugs. Yeah I dont want to create a bigger problem by going hotter.. I dont think I have the right gap size for my BR9's maybe thats why its a tad oily

·
Registered
632 Posts
I would say if they are oily/wet then you are probly running a bit rich, OR your oil pump may be turned up a bit, wich IMHO, is ok as long as it doesnt affect the performance. Stick with the 9's though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts