Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find a pair of these. Can't seem to find anything but the spreader set and what I used last year isn't working anymore. I've looked at hardware stores but can't find anything.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
snap ring pliers

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Normally the snap ring pliers have 2 holes in them so if they are set now for spreading the snap ring just take out the bolt and change position of the jaws and they will squeeze instead.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Just use a set of small needlenose or hook-nosed pliers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
just get some adjustable snap ring pliers thats what i've been using

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ Thats the problem, I can't find any after looking at places like home depot.
The spreader set that I have is so old I don't think they are adjustable, at least at first look they aren't.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
you can get snap ring pliers at any auto parts store or sears.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by Sabian33
[br]^ Thats the problem, I can't find any after looking at places like home depot.
The spreader set that I have is so old I don't think they are adjustable, at least at first look they aren't.
We use snap ring pliers for are old backhoe to change the back bucket! I'm not sure were you live but try and go to a construction store like john Deere or case or any farmers store! I know a construction store would have it especially case! So thats my advise! The Home Depot won't have anything nor Value or anything! Construction store my friend!
Jake

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Id like to find a set of snap ring pliers that actually worked on a idler wheel bearing. Ive tried several. Had the best luck with a combination of an awl, a small blade skrewdriver and a needlenose visegrip. Gotta be the right tool out there somewhere.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree, an auto parts store, or a tool store, like sears. Or if you want to dish out some $$$$ track down a snap-on or matco truck.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ill sell you a pair of snap on ones... Or you can get them through craftsman, mac, snap on, auto parts store

·
Registered
831 Posts
Sears!

Also they make a spring puller tool. All it is, is an awl type device with a 90 degree bend at the end and a "T" handle. Very easy to duplicate from an Awl, old long punch etc.

Straighten the two legs on the cotter pin, stick the end of the tool in the opening on the head and pull. Works very well for tight areas.

Bulldog

1 - 15 of 15 Posts