Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was talking to my buddie about my sled and he is like you know i have some slp triple pipes laying around in the shed and i said well what do u want for them and he said i am not sure he said not much i said free and he smirked like he dont care. he said if i dont give you them for free nothing more that 50 dollars. If i get theses i will not put them on till this summer when i start clutching and jetting my sled. I dont have no pics he said he used them one season. I just need a little bit more power i am there now but i bet if i get these pipes it will be even better. let me know what you guys think. I know I have room under the hood even though i have a triumph engine i think those pipes will be a perfect fit.[:D]

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Sounds sweet. those triple pipes on the xlts i think add like 10 - 15 ponies. If you do get them i would recomend having them sandblasted and then paint them up nice with some high temp paint. It is always good to find good deals on used parts and your buying them from a friend so you will have a great idea as to what kind of shape there in.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i planned on getting them all painted up this summer if he will give me them or sell me them. i'm not going to be puttin them on this season anyways but deffently in the summer that way ill be all clutched,geared,jetted,ect.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i am really going to try everyone tells me that slp triple pipes are awsome and that u will feel the gains the pipes give you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had DG pipes on a 95 XLT and a buddy had SLP on a sled just like yours . Both sets of pipes were much appreciated by their owners!

I only had to change main jets and the clutch spring. After that, it ran flawlessly. I can't say what exactly he did, but I think it was a one-time swap of settings. He never complained about how it ran and it never burned up.

You should be quite happy![8D]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ive got an 06 Indy 500, just had a EPI clutch kit installed, 96 pics, and leaned jetting one size. I still want to get more power out of it and was skeptical about pipes. Heard there was too much noise and comprimised reliability. But the power gain seems tempting. Any love or hate stories? Will I need to rejet again?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by barrettecd02
[br]Ive got an 06 Indy 500, just had a EPI clutch kit installed, 96 pics, and leaned jetting one size. I still want to get more power out of it and was skeptical about pipes. Heard there was too much noise and comprimised reliability. But the power gain seems tempting. Any love or hate stories? Will I need to rejet again?
Yes, you'd have to rejet with new pipes. You'd have to go richer than the stock jets for sure.

Pipes can be risky because in some cases, they are touchy with temp changes. I had a 600 XCR with PSI pipes that blew up on me one subzero night. If it got into the 20's, I'd foul plugs. I went back to stock before too long.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I've ran my dynoports with stock jetting in temps ranging from -10F to +30F, with not a whole lot of noticible difference in power...Dynoport kind of develops thier pipes to run without jetting changes though, they have a pipe for the 900 with CFI with no reflash required

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by mdmaniac
[br]I've ran my dynoports with stock jetting in temps ranging from -10F to +30F, with not a whole lot of noticible difference in power...Dynoport kind of develops thier pipes to run without jetting changes though, they have a pipe for the 900 with CFI with no reflash required
interesting brenden if i can find sum dyno ports ill get some

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I wouldn't run triple pipes without EGT gauges, so if you are willing to spend the money for a EGT setup then I say get them.

·
Registered
345 Posts
when i was looking for a used set of triples for my sled, everyone told me to stay away from PSI becasue they made the powerband "peaky" and "unpredictable". they were also said to be unpredictable. everyone told me to go with SLP's becasue they were known for quality and they have alot of information available on their site about all of their products. and for 50 dollars?! if you dont buy them, ill buy them and look for an XLT next year! my buddy also has a set forsale. i might just have to get them and make a new project[:D]

·
Registered
345 Posts
when i was looking for a used set of triples for my sled, everyone told me to stay away from PSI becasue they made the powerband "peaky" and "unpredictable". they were also said to be unpredictable. everyone told me to go with SLP's becasue they were known for quality and they have alot of information available on their site about all of their products. and for 50 dollars?! if you dont buy them, ill buy them and look for an XLT next year! my buddy also has a set forsale. i might just have to get them and make a new project[:D]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts