Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SNOW IS EXPECTED TO INTENSIFY AND SPREAD EASTWARD ACROSS MUCH OF IOWA THIS AFTERNOON AND LAST THROUGH THE NIGHT AND INTO SATURDAY MORNING. THE PEAK OF THE STORM INTENSITY AND HEAVY SNOW SHOULD BE TONIGHT BUT LIGHTER SNOW WITH BLOWING AND DRIFTING WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MUCH OF SATURDAY. TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS SHOULD VARY FROM 6 TO 12 INCHES WITH LOWEST AMOUNTS NORTH TOWARD HIGHWAY 20...AND HIGHER AMOUNTS ACROSS CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN IOWA. NORTHEAST TO NORTH WINDS WILL ALSO INCREASE LATE TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY UP TO SPEEDS FROM 15 TO 30 MPH PRODUCING NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS...ESPECIALLY IN OPEN AREAS...WITH VISIBILITIES OF A HALF MILE OR LESS.... THIS IS THE LATTEST FROM WEATHER.COM FOR IOWA (hopefully i am blazin down the ditches tomorrow!!!!!!)

Close this window

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its been snowing here since 1:30 (cst)and still snowing, the wind is picking up some, but it will make for good ditches tomorrow. man ive got a terrible itch again

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

·
Registered
278 Posts
I hope you get nailed with this storm! They are calling for 10"-15" in Northern IL. When ever the bigger storms come through IL they seem to go South!
I've been to about 6 weather sites and they are all saying we are gonna get it.....
It's not gonna happen, that's just the way this winter has gone.
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.....
Maybe I should have bought another gallon of oil for my sled?
As soon as I've written off the winter and started looking for a new boat then the storm of the year is supposed to hit!
I should have looked for a new boat in December!!!!!!

2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather
MBRP Silencer
Coupling Kit
Goodwin Clutch Kit

Creek beds don't make good brakes!

Edited by - rtkatzl8 on 01 Mar 2002 19:12:55

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
im in north east wisconsin and they are calling for a foot or more by tomorrow night i really hope we get it i wanna ride damnit

bobby

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the way the radar looks, we will both be having a blast!!! i went and got some new plugs, that way im prepared,,,,and i still hav a gallon and a half of oil,,,so im all set, just need snow-and we are getting that

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
both my sleds are gassed up and ready to roll with a box of plugs in the back of my 600 even tho my 340 txl has never fouled a plug lol

bobby

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
its still flying outside like mad!!there is about 5 inches on the ground right now. you know what they always say tho... March comes in like a lion and leaves like a lamb.

bobby

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just got in from riding,,,,,damn fun!! nice drifts to plow through and up and over. about 10 of us went out today on a local trail,,,,lots of drifts. had one minor mis hap...guy in front of me ate it, i couldnt slow down in time, nicked his sled, and the guy behind me cought my plastic by the ifs, and bet it alittle, just kicked it back in and kept riding. man that xtra 10 eats the snow and begs for more....no sore back today

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i went out riding last night left at 1pm got home at 3:30 amput 170 miles on we decided to come home when we both burried our sleds in like an 8 foot drift got a ride back to our car when and got a tow chain and went to our sleds and yanked em out. hell of a good time

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds like we had fun, yesterday myself and one friend went out and rode the ditches,,,had a blast until my friend got sucked into some deep powder, little did we know there was a water shut off underneth, he hit it with his lower radius rod, it whipped him sideways, bent his ifs trailing arm, and by the time we got 9 miles back to my house, his trailing arm was broke in two pieces.....hmm i guess this is the first A-arm polaris.....good thing i had parts left over,,,and in about 15 minutes we were back out riding with 2 more people, damn good time, except for the minor problems. but my sled ran great. no troubles.

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

1 - 13 of 13 Posts