Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awsome ride yesterday, untouched snow and bluebird....can't ask for much more!!! Also rode a Rx-1 Mountain, very nice...anyway enjoy the pics.

Notice both the Rx-1 and Rmk...stuck!!
/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image018.jpg

A little track stand from the Yammy
/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image017.jpg

?I think that's my beenie in the pic, and I didn't even get him at the peak of the jump!
/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image016.jpg

You can kind of see are tracks on the far side, we hi-marked the big guys in the back!
/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image020.jpg

TRUST ME, this pic doesn't do justice to the size or angle of this climb!!
/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image021.jpg

·
Registered
150 Posts
wow......I wish we still had snow....Great pics, thats awesome you're still sledding, how long is the season where you live?

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
looks awsome, that last pic u can tell that is a huge and steep hill...looks fun

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Way cool..I think im moving to AK..The is some wicked air with that RMK..

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Riding season usually lasts tell the end of May, sometimes into June. The pick of the hill climb was taken from the same spot as the first pick(stuck pic), which was about half way up...it was a good 2000 foot climb to the cornice at the top! The RMK did get some good air...but the air of the day was surpising by the RX-1, didn't have the camera out yet...no bullsh!t, he was about 14 feet of the ground dead level!! Then he got worked on the landing!! and bent the bars, but stayed on.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Thank you for rubbing it in!! I'm going to have to go to the doctor now for anti-depressants!! J/K Cool pics and have fun in your long season.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You guys are really fortunate! Those are some great pics. The scenery looks just awesome and jumps incredible. Keep taking the pics and keep the rubber side down.

Mark from Wisconsin

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a couple more for you all....

/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image014.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/Image019.jpg

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
AlaskanGold,
We didn't have the nice new snow but it was an awesome day at Lost Lake too.
Heres a couple of pics
OK so I parked my Tcat in some trees and had to do a little trimming for the Forest Service

We did have some nice views from on top

Heres a picture of one of the guys getting some nice air

All in all it was a good day.
You could climb anywhere you wanted to go. Had to watch where you went or you could build some real speed on your way back down.
I love this sport.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
k im jealous...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
It was a really nice day put on 60+ miles
The trail up from snug harbor road was rough and icy but it was really nice once you got above treeline.
Gonna have to drive your way if I do anymore riding this year, plenty of snow on top but the trail up is only going to get worse.

Plan on going over the boat & Waverunner this weekend. 3-4 weeks Big Lake will be open water. You can see that Kenia lake is already out.

Damm gonna have to break out the blender and sit on the deck

·
Registered
25 Posts
2000TCMC,

I was bummed that non of the pictures of me jumping turned out. I'm going to give you the camera next time.

Also, that stupid battery is $30 with shipping but I'm going to order it anyway, we got some killer pictures this season so it's worth it.

odoa4

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
odoa4, Yeah I'll take the pictures next time since my jumping isn't worth taking pictures of anyway. Troy did get some nice air though and you got a good picture of him in the air.

sledfool4fun
All of these pictures are taken in Alaska, AlaskanGolds are taken I believe in the Summit Lake area and the other were taken around Lost Lake between Cooper Landing and Seward.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts