Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just transfered the cash today for some CPI twins. CPI recommends 4 jet sizes above stock & 10-66 gram weights & to leave timing stock, sound about right or is there a better ratio? I want this bitch to fly so if any of you know of a better set up,let me know. Elevation 10ft & I ride anywhere from 10 to -30 (tempa-flow soon). Here is the URL for CPI specs:

http://www.cpiracing.com/Support/Installation/Pol_800_02.htm

Thank you.

Oh & they said to gut the air box. I did it to my 97 SKS 700 but that was along time ago. Should I literally gut everything or are there parts I should leave in? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Take the shelf out. Thats it. Maybe install a SLP Flowrite to add airflow to it. But, CPI knows best, theyve dyno tested set-ups, most people run 10-66's. You could run a stiffer clutch spring to bump um engagement and stiffen up backshift a little bit.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jesse500 said:
Take the shelf out. Thats it. Maybe install a SLP Flowrite to add airflow to it. But, CPI knows best, theyve dyno tested set-ups, most people run 10-66's. You could run a stiffer clutch spring to bump um engagement and stiffen up backshift a little bit.
Sounds good. According to a google search, 450 mains come stock. Is this true? If so I'd be looking at getting 490? I'm assuming they're in increments of 10.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked & my mains are 450.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I thought stockers were 440's, but 450's are probably right, as long as your google source was reliable. So 490's would be right, but fuck, that seems fat as hell? one would think 490's would make the sled be very boggy, and load up easy.

I think since your getting tempa-flow, and it can leasn the sled out, run 480's and the tempaflow can lean it out accordingly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts