Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a 1999 700 XC from a buddy of mine. The outer piece of the clutch is cracked. The outboard piece that the belt rides on. I think they call this the spider?? Anyway, I haven't been able to look at it because of lack of time and I was wondering if this sled has the traditional P-85 clutch on it or is it the newer style. I still have a new clutch from a 01' 800 LE I may put on if it'll fit and I can't find a cheap replacement. Also, how many different clutch pullers are there these sleds fom 97 on up?

Thanks again guys. And girls!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I cant answer all your Questions but I do know that I needed a different puller than the old one for my 2000 XCR 800 and I believe you need the same one as the 800.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
i think what you are refering to is the moveable sheave on teh primary. and if it is cracked, REPLACE IT IMMEDIATELY!! When a clutch flies apart at 8000rpm, it destroys your hood, belly pan, possibly crankshaft, sometimes parts injure you too... Alot more expensive than just replacing the clutch or parts.

-Dean

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[:D][:D][:D][:D]
Thanks guys. I just found a "take off" from an electric start installation at a dealer. The only miles on it were on the hoist when the adjusted the track. ZERO snow time.

Dean:
I have seen a clutch explode before on a friends oval track sled and I know it ain't pretty. I quit running it as soon as I saw the crack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts