Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked at my clutch today and saw a small crack about 1/2 inch to an inch on the outer clutch sheeve thats starting on the inside of the sheeve. any one have a extra one they want to get rid of for a fair price or a extra clutch assy. or should i not worry about it?

·
Registered
777 Posts
i don,t have one,but you;ll have to be more specific,year ,model

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o sorry i have a 97 polaris xlt special 600 tripple if any one has just the two sheeves that would be great the part the belt rides on is pited and grooved on mine

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
You may have better luck if you place a wanted ad in the swap meet forum.

·
Registered
443 Posts
You would be better off replacing the whole clutch...take a look around on ebay or something...you could problably find one for like 100 bucks...and also if you ride that sled with the clutch the way it is then your going to run into some problems like the clutch blowing up and shooting through your hood.....and that will wreck you hood...it happened to a buddy of mine on a articat..

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had an old salsbury(sp) on my 70 johnson, the belt got up into the clutch and one of the arms inside came flying out and hit me in the chest. It didn't do much to me, just bruised me. It hurt like hell tho. I think I was pretty lucky that it didn't do more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts