Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive got my snow pro and my rx1 for sale on craigs list and i thing theyre trying to scam me kinda broken english text and wanting to make payment imediately and wantin personal info like shipin and wanting a certified check what you guys think i think im gettin played around. let me know what you think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
quick said:
so ive got my snow pro and my rx1 for sale on craigs list and i thing theyre trying to scam me kinda broken english text and wanting to make payment imediately and wantin personal info like shipin and wanting a certified check what you guys think i think im gettin played around. let me know what you think.
Run away as fast as you can... big time typical scam.....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah most likey you are. I have a guy who kept doing that to my sled like "I will send my sipper to pick the item up" or they will give you a large number saying that you have to pay the shipper when he comes and stuff.

quick said:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya thats what i figured but what makes me laugh is its only on one of my sleds the snow pro not the rx1 oh well thanx for the advise

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had this happen to me on a motorcycle I was selling. The buyer asked me for a mailing address to send the check and when I received the check it was for $3000.00 more then the selling price of the bike. When I contacted them they told me it was for the inconvience I was put through. When I took the check to the bank they informed me the check was not only fake but the company name on the check closed their account over a year ago. The bank officer then contacted their fraud division who put me in contact with the FDIC and I am still getting calls from them for information. It is a scam don't deal with them. Contact Craig's list with their user name and they will look into other complaints and possible ban that user.. It won't stop these people from doing this but it will slow them down if they have to keep changing their user name....

·
Registered
761 Posts
readytoride said:
I had this happen to me on a motorcycle I was selling. The buyer asked me for a mailing address to send the check and when I received the check it was for $3000.00 more then the selling price of the bike. When I contacted them they told me it was for the inconvience I was put through. When I took the check to the bank they informed me the check was not only fake but the company name on the check closed their account over a year ago. The bank officer then contacted their fraud division who put me in contact with the FDIC and I am still getting calls from them for information. It is a scam don't deal with them. Contact Craig's list with their user name and they will look into other complaints and possible ban that user.. It won't stop these people from doing this but it will slow them down if they have to keep changing their user name....

Since when do you need a User Name to shop on Craigslist?? [confused][confused]

Any way, YES its a scam...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got the same thing happening to me right now quick. I have my Exciter II on Craigslist. I just respond with "Quit sending me your SCAM emails AFRICAN"! Most of these people and scams are from Africa I guess?!?!?

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
nigerian scams are abound on CL. after about 1200 emails or so and no bite from you they will eventually give up on you.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
RAMROD said:
readytoride said:

Need one to SELL

·
Registered
761 Posts
picman said:
RAMROD said:
readytoride said:

Need one to SELL
I have never seen them trying to SELL...I said SHOP...and the OP was speaking of people contacting him about an Ad he had...[confused]

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Sorry Ramrod, I was directing that to readytoride. I replied to your post by mistake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts