Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to the site and am looking for some help locating someone to do some crank work. I have a chance to purchase 2 sleds. First one is a 2000 XCR 800 and the second is a 2002 XC SP 700. The person I am buying them from had a dealer look at the 800 and they seem to think that the bearings might be bad. It sat all summer without a cover on and seems to have gotten water in it. The 700 did have a cover on it. They both pull over, but are a little stiff. The 800 did compression test good. Is there an easy way to check the bearings without tearing them both completely down? I am going to have $500 into the pair, so I am not into them for much, but would like to know what it may cost to fix them before I complete the deal. The wife is sore about the deal already and does not what me to stick a ton of money into them, but for that price I cannot hardly pass them up. Any help would be great.

I did read an older post about a guy in MN somewhere. Does anyone have his contact info?

Thanks again
Jason

· Registered
2,738 Posts
$500?? Sh*t, get outta my way so I can snatch them up!
even if they turn out to be lemons and require lots of money to fix, part them out and make some crazy profit off the deal.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
i love my 02 700, tons!! of power,, and its quick

· Registered
1,217 Posts
are you kidding me!!
for that price quit hesitating, the 800 is worth 3 times that in poor shape. as for crank work?? who knows might not need any. but theres a bunch out there, indy dan??? i think i hear mentioned alot.
but seriously, you can i dont know 5 times your money parting them easy. but put a few hundred into each and have some great sleds.

· Registered
2,738 Posts
^^^ Agreed, Josh is a good guy. I have sold cores with bad bearings/bent rods/snapped shaft and gotten a decent price for junk cranks (junk to me, treasure to him) and then see them all shiny and back together for sale on craigslist in a week or two for very reasonable prices. He definitely knows how to do it right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.