Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 95 slp piped xcr w/ a 94 580 spit its crank this weekend. I need some tips and refernces to reputable crank shops. It needs to be a shop that can update with the wide pto bearing and 4th oiler and weld/balance the crank. Anyone heard of a Pete Nydahl. I heard this guy is VERY reputable and can do everything I need. Anyone know of someone else that might be cheaper than pete or possibly faster as he might be pretty backed up.

I was thinking of boring it out to a 625 with wiseco pistons since my oem's are scored. Any opinions or suggestions with shaving my heads. Just enough so its safe with 91 pump gas or is there a performance gasket available.

What kind of hp gain would I see with bumped compression on an additional 45cc's? Or would this be to much added weight/hp for the crank. I was thinking something like 125-130hp.

This is my first rebuild btw so any help or tips would be GREATLY appreciated :).

Thanks, Dustin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Moparfever4ever said:
My 95 slp piped xcr w/ a 94 580 spit its crank this weekend. I need some tips and refernces to reputable crank shops. It needs to be a shop that can update with the wide pto bearing and 4th oiler and weld/balance the crank. Anyone heard of a Pete Nydahl. I heard this guy is VERY reputable and can do everything I need. Anyone know of someone else that might be cheaper than pete or possibly faster as he might be pretty backed up.

I was thinking of boring it out to a 625 with wiseco pistons since my oem's are scored. Any opinions or suggestions with shaving my heads. Just enough so its safe with 91 pump gas or is there a performance gasket available.

What kind of hp gain would I see with bumped compression on an additional 45cc's? Or would this be to much added weight/hp for the crank. I was thinking something like 125-130hp.

This is my first rebuild btw so any help or tips would be GREATLY appreciated :).

Thanks, Dustin
Hey there u should check out northern crank in thief river falls, MN. They are amazing and cranks are the name of there game!!! I would just bore it as far as it needs to be to clean the cylinders and rebuild. I think Northern crank will be backed up for about 2 weeks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts