Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Crank Shop pipes

570 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  powersledder 
#1 ·
What everyone opinion on the pipes? If you jet them a bit too rich would i have to adjust them everytime?

#2 ·
No you won't have to rejet as much if you run it rich, but your going to know that it's running rich.

I found with my CPI twins, I didn't like it running rich, sled would load up and ran like $#!%, less power then if I had left it stock. It was best running as close to what was supposed to be in there for your temperature and elivation. I found after a few rides I could tell exactly how it was running before I would pull the plugs just by how well it was preforming, only had it on the lean side once or twice before I had it figured out exatly when the best time to change the jets were.

#3 ·
driftpounder said:
No you won't have to rejet as much if you run it rich, but your going to know that it's running rich.

I found with my CPI twins, I didn't like it running rich, sled would load up and ran like $#!%, less power then if I had left it stock. It was best running as close to what was supposed to be in there for your temperature and elivation. I found after a few rides I could tell exactly how it was running before I would pull the plugs just by how well it was preforming, only had it on the lean side once or twice before I had it figured out exatly when the best time to change the jets were.
Totally agree!!! It's one of those you'll just know as you become ONE with your sled.

#4 ·
^^^That's pretty much how I felt with that XCSP 700, like I was part of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.