Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
To simply replace it, you need access to all the tools you would need to do a complete engine rebuild,

sockets,
wrenches,
flywheel puller,
clutch puller,
new engine gaskets,
torque wrench,
piston ring compressor,

If you are planning on rebuilding the crank, you will need a hydraulic press and other misc tools...but this task is better left to the professionals.

But those are the basics that i can think of off hand, im sure if i forgot anything others will let ya know.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
146 Posts
From my experience you will need some kind of sealant for machine flange surfaces to put the halves of the crankcase back together. There is no gasket here. New outer crank oil seals are easy to replace. As far as taking the crank out, no special tools required- it just sits in there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What you need is Locktite 518 flange sealent and aplie a thin layer on the crank case. But not too mutch because it will act as a gasket with will seperate the two halfs and not give the proper fit for your bearing, and could result in your bearings spining in your casing,or suck air thru the bottom end and leaning out your engine, blow out your seals, your crank is your hart of your engine make shure you know what you are doing.

ONE THING AT A TIME!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts