Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yikes! I might be totally off base on this, but I rebuilt an 84 Phazer motor about 4 yrs ago. If memory serves me right you've got to go all the way to the bottom to get to it, so I'd say that yes you would have to tear the whole engine apart.

Hopefully someone with some more current knowledge will let you know for sure. Good luck man.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not on a Polaris motor. It's about a 12 pack job.

'96 Ultra Sp
'97 SPX

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Depends on the motor. I just rebuilt the 440 L/C motor in my John Deere and if all i was going to do was change crank seals, i would have just had to pull the crank case apart....no need to take the cylinders or any of the top end apart.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a 89 exiter motor..i think i can press the seal in just by popping the clutch off. I tried it but the first time i used a rubber mallet and bent the seal a litttle bit. that didn't work so i make a contraption to use the clutch bolt and draw the seal in equally. That did work but it was already bent a little bit and rubbed against the bearing and heated up to the point of failure. So i'm gonna go and try it again this time not bending it..later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts