Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To anyone who might know the answer to my question, I was told by Crankshop that a set of twin pipes with silencer, 540 main jets, and 2005 MXZ 800HO Jet needles would add a total of 8hp to my sled. I spoke with a local Ski Doo shop and the mechanic I spoke with said that in order for them to add any hp I would have to do motor work. I would like to get some member's take on this matter. Did I just waste a bunch of money and not add any true performance?

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
What recommendations did crankshop give you when you bought the pipes? Many aftermarket pipes increase the ability of the engine to operate at higher RPM's. So you'd have to do clutching to gain any of the advertised power. Along with the jetting you have mention. But there are pipes that require you to do some porting on the motor to make significant gains.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just spoke with Crankshop and what they decided to tell me NOW, not after the first 3 conversations is that they recommend that I do some clutching mods. These mods include 200/350-spring (green/pink), 297 Ramps, 19.5 pins, and a 50 degree straight helix. I am going to just take their advice. Thanks for your reply, Triple650Indy.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Yes, that's easy stuff though, you should be able to get that done no problem. When a mechanic tells you that you need motor work that's when I get suspicious. That just didn't sound right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.