Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just picked up an engine donor sled,i traded an 84 YZ 125 for it.yeah i know we should have looked at it before,but like i said engine donor.this 1989 mach 1 has a 617 motor on it.well we pulled up to load it and seen there was no hood on,and the seat was laying next to it.here is the damage total....
ripped seat missing trunk flap..
hood almost snapped in two....
the tunnel is so tweaked the clutches dont line up,so it eats belts...
the clutch is older style and loose....
the front right trailing arm is ripped in half...
the ski's are way out of line...
the oil bottle has medical tape to stop a leak...
most of the studs are ripped out of the track,some parts of track have half dollar size holes...
coat hanger holding pipe to silencer...
right front ski has busted through the ski skin
the bogies are chewed up.i heard a story of these kids all drunk and riding it with no oil and seazing the motor 5 times in one night.these kids rode this sled in this condition.so if you think youve had a bad sled,this one tops it.the only parts salvagable are the hurt motor that still amazingly runs and a few small parts.anyone else seen a sled this bad????dont worry i traded it for a mint formula hood and a snowmoble trailer,so i dont have it anymore.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they said they had no oil in it,they went to a friends house late at night and the screech of it locking up woke him.they turned the clutch back and forth to free it up.im sure they exagerated.

·
Registered
539 Posts
the 617 rotax motors were incredibly fast!
how does a tweaked tunnel make the clutches out of line? it simply needs an alignment job and probly rebuild for both clutches.
sounds to me like the previous owner had no idea on how to tune/maintain a high performance sled. thats why it looks like it does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts