Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was out at the lake sleding with a freind. on the was back to town i was behinde a guy on a icy road. he started to slow down so i pushed on the brakes to slow down. i started to slid so i turned the wheel to the left so i could get passed him,and so i would not hite him. and the trailer started to slid every which way. i almost hite the guys truck with the trailer. but most of all the trailer slid off the side of the road so i got passed him. the bad part was im useing my dads truck

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Are you drunk? That is a tad hard to understand.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by ACG
[br]Are you drunk? That is a tad hard to understand.
I couldn't really understand what you are trying to say either Lysne.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
^^^ then can you re-type it a little clearer

·
Registered
476 Posts
so wut ur saying is u just about hit another truck and the trailer slid off the road. and.........

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i almost hit the guy with my truck and then i got over and almost hit him with the trailer. i was lucky that the trailer slid off the road but i could have droped off the road 30 feet to

·
Registered
945 Posts
SOunds like you were too close for the conditions.... snow/ice and driving with a trailer behind you...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well, what doesnt wreck you makes you a cooler headed driver!! Living in snow country, I bet all of you will agree, -People who move here from other places that do not know how to drive in the snow piss me off worse than the elderly. I am always a person who tries to be patient for the elderly, I'm gonna be old one day, and I'm sure I'll drive slower, But people with no snow driving brains or guts drive me up the wall. So look at it this way, at least you had the guts to pass the guy, and you made it, and next time you'll do it better/safer![:D]

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no the guy was slowing down to fast i was 400 yards a way
and i know how to drive that is how i got out of hitting him

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
So he could slow down, 400 yds away from you, that's about 1,200 feet, or nearly a 1/4 mile away. But, you couldn't slow down and started sliding. I guess that's not too close, you just didn't drive too well, for the conditions at the time, that is. You being such a good driver and all.

Come on, you have to admit, you're going to get harrassed for it. :)

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yep, he started slowing down 1/4 mile ahead of you,
and you (barely)avoided him.

Darn good thing you have quick reflexes!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts