Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?]is it possible or has anyone ever tried to make a custom gas tank with baffles in it to prevent sloshing?????, because my '76 mercury is havin problems in that area

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
A 76 Merc? i dident think they held enough gas to slosh around.what do they hold something like 5 imperial gallons.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it holds 5 gallons, but once it gets below about 3, it sloshes al around
is it possible im getting air in my lines through the fuel pump?
that the main reason i ask, cause i keep getting air in the lines

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't think sloshing is a factor in that... check your gas lines, including your pickup line in your gas tank, and replace them with new ones if you haven't already. Gas lines are cheap.
You probably have a section of fuel line that has a pinhole in it, usually they develop the hole right above where they connect onto a nipple, or just outright crack where they're stretched around a nipple.
If your lines aren't flexible & regain their shape right away when you squeeze them, they need to be replaced.
Another thought, you might have a leaky fuel pump that's introducing air into the system, but my money is on leaky old hoses.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, i was riding to get line and it died out, so i went to pull it and the damn recoil rope broke....im begining to have a love hate relationship with this sled!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARG!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts