Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was wondering if it is possible to make power out of cutting open and gutting your pipes for more air flow? me and my freind are messing around with his old beat up sled trying stuff out before he takes it to the scrap yard.

·
Registered
271 Posts
on a two stroke it needs back pressure. if you take out the packing it will mess with the back pressure. work ok fow a few days, then prob blow it up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok thanks anyways what about changing the pipe from a newer sled think that will do anything?

·
Registered
271 Posts
if the sled is around the same size motor and cyliners it would be fine. are you talking factory or after market

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i talking bout a factory pipe from a newer sled a left over pipe from an upgrade.

·
Registered
502 Posts
You need to do more research on this. Just because the pipe may be from the same size motor doesn't mean it is going to work the same!

·
Registered
777 Posts
There is no packing in a pipe,most pipe mods are changing the length of the pipe before the expansion chamber,or changing the outlet size of the pipe, or cannister,it will louder with a gutted cannister,try the other pipe,cost nothing to try since it going to dump anyways

·
Registered
608 Posts
Engines don't really need back pressure. This is only thought because if you take the pipe completely off you lose power. A properly designed pipe actually helps pull the exaust out. Without it the exaust comes in pulses and you get kind of an interference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts