Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
/snofan/../images/users/fassell_man/johns4.JPG1.jpg A COOL LOOKIN POLARS...THINKING ABOUT DOING THIS PAINT SCHEME TO MY INDY 500

·
Registered
637 Posts
That looks sweet, I love custom graphics or paint.. this will be the first year I have to ride a "stock" lookin' sled.. my bud that does my paint is "too busy" to paint my new hood.. I think since he's too busy for paint, I might try out some custom vinyl..

here's my last hood.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I got a custom hood, it is called zip-ties and duct tape.[8D][:D]

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
id love to do a custom job on mine but i dont feel like pealin the stickers off n payin to get what i want painted on it, then find i liked it better with the decals

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by Baero
[br]I got a custom hood, it is called zip-ties and duct tape.[8D][:D]
I got the same thing on my sled, big hole in the side now covered with duct tape

·
Registered
31 Posts
my first sled was an 90 arctic cat jag 440...After catching some pretty good air i took out a fairly large pine tree..now thats what i call a custom hood

95 yamaha mod
2004 mod..?

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Yes, I have a custom paint job but its not airbrushed flames or anything like that. After backing the trailer into my sled (I was having a run of bad luck at that time) I ordered a new plain white hood. I copied the idea behind the 1988 Indy 400 Classic's paint job but went with red instead of blue. A buddy of mine had most of the chemicals to put a nice professional finish on my hood and all it cost me was a couple cases of beer and an extra free pass to the Indy Car race at Road America. He had a b!tch of a time getting the paint to mix just right and said if I ever need a paint job, to call someone else.
Anyway, it turned out nice. If I figure out how to put a picture in here, I'll get it posted. My ol' 400 also has an Aaen Trail Torquer pipe, Ryde AFX shocks up front, new clutch a couple seasons ago, and soon will be sitting on an M-10.
10,000 miles and still kicking!

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
A quick fix to cracked hoods is colored duct tape. After I wrecked my original hood, I patched it together with white duct tape. It was pretty hard to notice it unless you were a few feet away and looking right at it. The guy I ride with didn't even notice it until I pointed it out.
Never underestimate the power of duct tape.

·
Registered
457 Posts
how much does a custom paint job cost at its cheapest lets say

·
Registered
546 Posts
At its cheapest...$50 if you do it yourself like i did with mine and thats also assuming u have a spray gun and all you need is paint.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts