Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 800 xc sp with the FAST M10. I lost the clutch side cylinder while riding in northern MI. I was extremely cold -12 actual temp. When I tore the motor down, I saw that the piston rings melted and ended up on top the cylinder, melted. There was some noticeable damage to the cylinder wall, as well. This cylinder, for the past 2 years, had a lot of oil coming out of it through the exhaust and on the exhaust valves. What would the excessive oil indicate that might lead to the burn down? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on my sled. When I took the exhaust valves off I took them apart to clean. The valve on the clutch side (the one with the excessive oil) was not functioning properly. The blade was separated from the screw, thus not allowing the bellow to work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the follow up. Hopefully you get it sorted out and back on the trail.
Took my motor to MCB Performance in Capac. They rebuilt my motor completely. I put it back in the chassis, started it up, and it is running really well. Just though I would update this post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts