Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pro XR 800 that I've been trying to get dialled in. Initially, my problem was that the sled would go like hell up to 55 mph and then fall off. The RPMs would go from around 8200 rpm and drop to 7200 rpm. I rebuilt the primary clutch with a almond/red spring and 66g weights. That helped a bit, but it would still stop pulling hard at WOT around 60 MPH. So, then I tried a different belt.One that isn't such a sticky compound. I think that helped, but it's hard to tell because now my D.E.T is kicking on at WOT.
So, my question is...why would my D.E.T. start kicking in? I'm running the same jetting and fuel as I have since I got the sled last year.
Here's some specs on what I'm running:
04 Pro XR 800
trail ported
Dyno Port twin pipes
Boyesen reeds
93 octane fuel with 1.33 oz. of Klotz Nitro per gallon
If memory serves, I think I'm running 440 jets at around 1800-2000 ft elevation.
Does anyone have any ideas of what I need to change to keep the DET from kicking on? We have 3 feet of powder right now, and I'm going to need that 1000 RPM to break trail in this stuff!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
The DET is probably from the twin pipes/porting. Can you get a gallon of race gas to mix in and try?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
check tps settings, inspect water temp sensor.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
440 main jets? I'd say you're lean at WOT.

Did the sled run good before with that jetting setup(and porting and pipes)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts