Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my seat fell off yesterday on ym ride on the trails so we came home parked it in the garage and left it over night, came out the smorning and put the seat back on and everything was ok until i noticed my suspension sagging about 3 inches, so i tok all the snow off the supension and put a heater upto it thinking it might just have been the snow build up but no all the snow on the suspension it gone and its still sagging i can almost bottom it out just by pushing on it, then when i was taking snow outta the suspension i noticed my limiter strap is split into two pieces. So what i wnated to is what makes the limiter strap snap? The suspension is farely new only this year and a bit of last year on it and i also wanted to know if it will damage anything if i dont fix it right away. Anyhelp is appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sounds like the rear shock is either froze, or blown. This might also contribute to the limiter strap being broke. With the limiter strap pulling the front of the suspension down, and the rear shock pushing up. They kinda work like a pivot together. If the shock is bad; (not pushing up) more stress is applied to the limiter strap (pulling down). IMO

·
Registered
614 Posts
How does a seat...........fall off......?

Ditto sounds like shock probs. the limiter straps are there for a reason I wouldn't ride it with out limiter straps youll end up breaking something expensive.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well about the seat thing, i was riding around the yard and it became a little bit loose but i thought nothing of it, on my ride on the trails it started to get looser and looser so i started to get a bit worried and finally i guess the bolts dropped out that were holding it on and i hit a bump and off she came.

·
Registered
614 Posts
funny....

in regaurds to the sagging your suspension either has a broken spring(or one of the spring components) or a bad shock not sure on a doo how that works but on a polaris it would be a spring problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts