Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I drive a comanceh, a wee bit back I put the differential out of it, figuired... ok, time for a bigger axle. I know have a dana 44 that's gonna go in, but need to know how to pull the wheelstuds and bearing out so I can get the drum backing plate over and save my brakes from the other axle.

can anyone help me? all I know is that it's not a C-clip type design, and it's supposed to be fairly simple.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
might be four bolts at the end of the axel. Behind the brakes what would be the oppossite side when you are looking at the rim. May be four bolts around the axel. I know Ford 9"s and some GM Corp. 10 Bolts are that way.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, the dana 44's are a 4 bolt on the backplate, the bearing against the drum holds the axle in.

unfortunatly, those bolts where VERY seized and I had to grind them off.

but there out now, and now I gotta pull the bloody C-clips in the little broken 35. if I had a torch here at my moms I'd just cut the things... but hey, work with what you have.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just exon valdezed my driveway, but the one in the truck is also now apart, now if the snow will hold off untill tommorow afternoon I'll be ablt to go get the sled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts