Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gota pound out all the little dimples then you gota drill then rivet, of course to break the rivets you need superman hands.. but in the end it will be worth it.. soon it will be time to show my sled reborn.. well minus my 600 engine that i still have to buy..

·
Registered
777 Posts
not positive on this,but did you buy the fishbone brace thats in the catalouge,my budy has a 02 edge x with factory braces,i think they may be made to fit without flatening the dimples,?something you could check into maybe.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they wanted me to trace out the patern then drill out the ones that are in the way and the ones on the edge they want you to flaten, so i just flatend all the ones that were covered or partially covered and left the rest alone. it looks pretty good. i will post pics as soon as i get my sled all ready

·
Registered
777 Posts
Ya they do look good,put some on my 00 700,no big bumps to fool with though
edit: just to add,they catch snow and it bluids up there, turns to ice and hard pack and you really have kick the crap out of it to break it loose.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I also put some on my 02 600 XC, i just used a dremel to cut the ones under the braces and flatened the partially covered ones, took like 15 minutes for the whole install, like XC Special said they do fill up with ice....... I also put the tunnel roll grips on, those were a pain in the pooper

·
Registered
36 Posts
On my 02 700 found that if you hold one ballpein hammer under the dimple and swat the top they flatten easy. As far as the rivets I used the big daddy rivet gun from kent-moore tools 15-20min instilation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts