Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased a 2003 classic 600 when i was riding yesterday everytime i used brakes the brake warning light on dash will light up? the sled stops, the tail light works normally. i checked all bulbs connections under hood i even bled brakes? any and all help would be greatly welcome

·
Registered
85 Posts
tkkz71 said:
i just purchased a 2003 classic 600 when i was riding yesterday everytime i used brakes the brake warning light on dash will light up? the sled stops, the tail light works normally. i checked all bulbs connections under hood i even bled brakes? any and all help would be greatly welcome
i think that the light coming on may be normal i just got a 97 polaris xlt 600 and the same thing all works good but when you pull lever the dash brake light comes on every time goes away when you let go but not sure if all works good and you stop thats what matters [thumb]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is my first polaris, i also have a 2000 arctic cat zr 500 so i just don't know how polaris works? i read somewhere to check wiring under seat for shorts? going out tomorrow so i will c what happens

·
Registered
197 Posts
when the brake is applied the light comes on to tell you the brake is being used , so if you have the lock on and forget the light is on to remind you "hey take off brake lock" lol.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
that is supposed to happen every time you touch the brake the light will come on just like your brakelight in the taillight

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so this is normal? i looked in manuals (owner and shop) i didn't see anything about light coming on when brake lever pulled

·
Registered
632 Posts
Its normal....every sled does that, all my polaris have done it, and my MXZ does it.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Lol.. Look!!! It's a Polaris, when I pull the rope it starts!!!

Sorry, just busting balls...

Yeah, as mentioned above it lets you know you have the parking brake on. It also lets you know, that if you don't see it you have no brakes (it's activated by brake pressure)... That's pretty important too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts