Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, have any of you guys tryed that stuff out that got sent around?? I know I havnt had an opertunity to. And who knows when its gonna snow... maybe late january![xx(][:(!]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Actually had two great snowmobile reviews for FogTech. So it is snowing somewhere! Thanks to all.

I have also sent some to Alaska to three people who race the Iditarod dogsled competition. http://www.mackeyscomebackkennel.com/ Figure that has to be a great test of the low temp capabilities. It is about 15 there today and more snow this week. This year the coldest temp on the trail was -42 F.

I did test it myself in a frozen food company freezer. Worked very well down to about -10 or -20 F on the goggles, several sets of sunglasses and a helmet shield. That is how cold the freezer was. After 15 minutes or so, my shoes started sticking to the floor, so I got out of there and thawed a bit before the next tests.

I would really like to hear from the testers when the temps get really low. I am also contacting UC Berkeley about some cold rooms they have. Hope to get some time in them under controlled conditions.

A guy in Ireland who wind tunnel tests clothing for extreme sports said FogTech worked down to -10 F or so, then it started to haze.

Need more data.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts