Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Dead Arctic Cat 600 EFI

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dl_sledding 
#1 ·
I have a 97 AC 600 EFI Snow Special. The other day, my son was riding across the field and it died. I have spark. I have compression. I have dripped a little gas in the spark plug holes and tried to start. Nothing. Doesn't even try to start. I sprayed a little ether in the air intake, nothing. I tried new plugs also. It doesn't even begin to start. Is there a case where I can have spark but it isn't strong enough to run? I have the oil tank filled and checked the air intake for snow or blockage.

#2 ·
Well, it's an EFI, so you may be having power issues to your EFI controller. These sleds are very prone to having heat issues with the stator. It's possible that the portion of the stator that powers the EFI (and/or the spark) is weak or dead due to heat. Even if you see spark with the plug pulled, it may not be strong enough to spark under compression. Since it won't even run on ether, that's where I would look first. Even an EFI sled should run on an external fuel source, if everything else is good to go. I've had a couple of this series of sled experience stator issues. The fix is to drill a few 1/2" to 3/4" holes in the bottom of the stator housing to allow more airflow.

Check out Aftermarket Arctic Cat Stator | OEM Style Arctic Cat Stator Replacement for testing instructions for your stator. Rick's has been the go-to place for replacement stators for years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.