Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well came out from school and my battery in my truck was dead. Fine whatever a buddy jumped me. It started idling funny so I shut it off and hoped that the battery was strong enough to start it. 10 minutes later I go to leave and well it didn't start. Had to push the truck out into the lot and have a buddy push start it with his truck. Then as I went to leave it wouldn't rev. If I stepped on it it would fall on its face. I knew what was going on. I was on my way to get gas at the time :-/. Well I putted my way about a mile to the gas station. Got to the intersection where there are two stations. I was like YES I made it. I went to go left and had to sit at the red light. I work at the one station so thats where I was going. It stalled. Damn light sat so long that my truck stalled out right there. I had to coast across the intersection to the other gas station cause mine was uphill. So I went and paid more for gas then I would have and had the attended jump me. Finally it ran well. First time I ran out of gas in a car/truck.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Reminds me of a time (a long, long time ago! lol) when I had my first car, a '69 Ford Fairlane (even had green fur stuff on the dash). I ran out of gas (the one and only time) just as I was scooting around a corner. Darn, if there wasn't a gas station right around that corner and I was able to coast right up to the pumps!

Course, when I was first dating my partner he would run out of gas every time he took me out on his 600 Vmax. I finally decided I needed to get my own sled or stay home; too much walking in the cold!

Sounds like everything worked out for you after all, though. And maybe a lesson learned? lol

Jacqui

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh yeah, we've all heard that story before. Hehehe.

Jeff

RIDE SAFE - RIDE SOBER

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
My gas guage is always near or in the red...but I have yet to run out of gas (knock on wood) I'f fill the tank up but that'd be 25% of my paycheck splashing around.

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I just fill it up a little every couple days. Filling it would be half of the paycheck I got today.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
half a paycheck??? you guys dont make enough money.my suburban has a 40 gallon tank biggest tank ever made for them. Plus i have my neon ,2 minivans plus the lawnmower sleds and three wheeler it doesnt even dent my check but then again im the boss

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
well excuse me
I gotta go to school for 8 hours a day then go to work....although this summer my truck never was starved for gasoline.

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
sorry bout that.. i just reread that i came across very rude. i didnt mean it to sound like that

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it did a little but hey thats ok. Same for me sno-x when I was workign 10 hour days it wasn't a problem but now since I don't get paid for school(quite the oppossite in fact) I have a little trouble. I love how my school takes a piece of my paycheck as their own, don't understand for a second why but they do. That is of course on top of the other local taxes which I can understand a bit more.

·
Registered
506 Posts
buddy, I've got a 90L tank man. if I filled it, that'd be atleast half my paycheque. she generally rides the 1/2 tank line. school relly doesn't pay so well.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a 90L tank is .2 gallons less than mine. My tank is a 24 gallon tank. Yours is about a 23.777. Does your vehicle also happen to get 7MPG? I have been working on it and got my mileage up. Costs me $30 a week with only needed driving. If I drive more its more like $40-50.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
7 mpg? wow. Why don't you just buy some old car for cheap $$$ and drive that to school and work. You'd get more like 25+ mpg this way. The money you'd save on gas might even pay for the car.

I'm just driving my old Grand Am for school and work and i thought my 22 mpg was horrible! It should be closer to 30.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
7 is good. Its variable dependent upon how i am driving. anywhere from 5-9 I think. And I don't do that cause I like my truck and enjoy driving it. Besides i couldn't afford insurance on a second vehicle or to buy one. And I am not gonna sell mine because its nice to have 2 tow vehicles in the household.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
lol...if i get around 10 mpg I'm happy. That damn 350 with a 5 speed really sucks gas. When I got it I thought that a 5 speed would help mileage, WRONG!!! or maybe it's how I drive

I've been thinking about getting a cheap car, like an 80 something Honda Civic CRX. I'd have to drive a lot more than I do now for that awesome gas mileage to pay for the purchase price, repairs, and insurance. Plus my 4x4 will be a lot better than some rice racer in the snow.

(BTW...my gas tank is at about 3/4 right now, an all time high. I went all out and spent the extra $$$)

---------------
FOR SALE: 91 Polaris Indy 500 SP...check my profile for more info and pictures

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sno-X-treme:

(BTW...my gas tank is at about 3/4 right now, an all time high. I went all out and spent the extra $$$)

[/quote]

LOL we have a big spender on our hands!

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
My bikes gas tank is whats sitting on the seat. It's got horible millage.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
yeah yeah...I try not to flaunt my wealth

---------------
FOR SALE: 91 Polaris Indy 500 SP...check my profile for more info and pictures

1 - 18 of 18 Posts