Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fellas here is a story you wont believe! As some of you probably already know Im a new member and first time owner of 2 snowmobiles.First I buy '00 600 and 700 RMK's both with around 1800 miles and a drive on drive off trailer for $4000.Even better I purchased these from the owner of the company I work for and financed them through the company so to not pay interest. He chooses to sell all his Polaris toys do to a fall out with our local dealer and and is not going to buy others till next year.Now for the best part, he now rents my sleds for work at $250/day and pays me $25/hr to ride them!And still getting better,the work we do is maintenance and erection of meteorologist towers and our clients towers are mostly out of state and in the middle of the mountains!So I will be riding in;NorthernCalifornia,Oregon,Washington,Idaho,Montana,Wyoming,Colorado and Utah getting rental fees plus wage all season long!!!! I go to Northern California around Mnt Shasta next week and have called area places there and they have up to 3ft in places so Cali here I come! [:D]

·
Registered
11 Posts
BigJohnson you are a very lucky guy. I thought I got a good deal, I just bought a '90 & a '92, both Indy Trail 488's with an enclosed trailer for $500 and I thought I made out...I don't even know if they run yet. I'm glad you stumbled accross such an amazing deal. Do you know where I can find spec. sheets for used Polaris sleds?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by NewMC
[br]BigJohnson you are a very lucky guy. I thought I got a good deal, I just bought a '90 & a '92, both Indy Trail 488's with an enclosed trailer for $500 and I thought I made out...I don't even know if they run yet. I'm glad you stumbled accross such an amazing deal. Do you know where I can find spec. sheets for used Polaris sleds?
you can find them on palarisman.com i belive.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
HHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMM, wonder what the IRS will think of this??[8D] By the way, I can be bought very cheap, and promise never to say a word to the government,[;)] LOL, great deal though, anyone around tug hill want to pay me?? I have 4 sleds, thats 1000.00 a day, rent them 5 days, and I can afford the new NYS registration mess[:(!]

·
Registered
416 Posts
Some guys have all the luck. I met a guy this past week who tests suspensions for FAST and they pay him to ride snowmobiles all day and beat the heck out of their new suspensions. He claims that FAST is coming out with a new M12 which will be more for an aggressive rider than the M10.

Some day I hope I can find a job where they pay me to ride, let alone pay me for my sled!!!

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
NewMC, www.polarisman.com has some specs, but not all of what you asked for. You should probably track down a manual for your sleds. They are probably similar enough that if you found a manual for one, you could get by without the other. I do not know if the '90 machines had the Dial-Adjust suspension, yet, like your '92. If not, the rear suspensions will be slightly different.

Ranglr, FAST has had the M-12 for a while now. Check out their website. www.teamfast.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by JD
[br]If Peter Givens asked me, "What would you do if you had a million dollars?" I would say, "Ride my snowmobile."
i definatly agree with that!! yeaa![:D]

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Knock on wood....My luck they both would blow up 5 min. into the ride.And the trailer wheel would fall off on the way home.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well Im the boss what are your qualifications? LOL!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by BigJohnson
[br]Well Im the boss what are your qualifications? LOL!
Don't know "jack" about installing towers, but I like to ride.
I expect to be laid-off just prior to Christmass. Will travel,
can furnish my own sleds if I need to. Heck, for 250a day/25 per hour, I'll buy a new sled!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
thats a good deal you got, i just found an awesome deal too, i have a chance to buy a 00 700 xc deluxe for 2000 or 1900 cash in good shape with only 3500 miles on it

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by cat-sass
[br]
Originally posted by BigJohnson
[br]Well Im the boss what are your qualifications? LOL!
Don't know "jack" about installing towers, but I like to ride.
I expect to be laid-off just prior to Christmass. Will travel,
can furnish my own sleds if I need to. Heck, for 250a day/25 per hour, I'll buy a new sled!!
Thats hopefully what is going to happen after the season I will save up all extra $ after I pay off these sleds and trade mine in for a new one and keep the other for the wife!Basically have work pay for my new sled!What do you guys recommend,LOL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts