Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunatly snowmobile accidents happen to people close to us and this time it's happened to me.
My girlfriends uncle(eugene) and son(Remi) were out ridding with some friends over the week-end , and Eugene was leading the way with his new arctic cat 900 and REmi was the next one back with his ZRT. Eugene went around a corner losing control , sending him in 360%. When he stoped , he ended up facing the oncoming ridders (wich was Remi) and then it happened. Remi's sled went over his fathers , hitting him in the chest killing his dad on the spot and sending himself about 40 feet into the woods with a broken cheekbone and arm.
Guys , be freeking carefull, don't fallow to close and don't be speeding ,, anything cann happen ,, so damn quick ,even for someone who's been around sleds 15 years.

·
Registered
975 Posts
You're soo right Acadian. I'm lucky that my wife can walk after lastweekend. It happens in a blink. Me and my buddies do 80-90 MPH all day but seeing my wife and hearing all these aother accidents...i'm doin the 50 KMH now. My family's hearts go out to you and girlfreind and her family as well. That's a tragic accident that happens so fast. Again, there's someone else who has to live with another death. Take care brother and yes, ride Safe! Can't say it enough. Best regards.......Mark[V]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mrpolaris ,, it's greatly appreciated,
seeing all that, made me rethink my whole sledding ways , i've been around them long enough to become OVERconfident with my abilities when i get on my sled,,, not anymore man ,, im' like you 50K is more then enough for me now. IT's one thing reading about accident in the paper or on the news ,, it's another thing when it happens to someone you know.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I think what it is Acadian is that people get over-confident and then what happens is we don't respect our sled. It's like my chainsaw. I respect it as well because something can happen in a blink of an eye the same as sleddin.2 weeks ago we were ridin north and the fastest sleds out there were the trail wardens! In my mind these are supposed to be the guys kinds up-holding the rules. Go figure[:0]. Anyways regards and ride safe. Mark

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
That really sucks. Sounds like Remi may have a few issues he will need help getting over...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YA he sure will ,because all his 3 kids specially Remi thaugh the WORLD of their father,, They seen him as a Rolemodel and Remi spent alot of time with his father doing the hunting and fishing thing. Poor Eugene had a tough life fighting for compensation for over 12 years ,, was on welfare for a good part of his life cause he couldn't work do to a problem with his neck caused by work. And was trying to get compensation through-out those 12 years and was given a REAL hard time. Only 2 years ago he finaly got his money and the family was back on it's feet with lots less stress, he baught 3 sleds and this happens ,, pretty sad. Remi hasn't spoken to much since it happened. Can't really blame the kid , nothing worse then that helpless feeling you got when something like this happenes

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah , and have any of you ever heard of someone breaking their cheekbone while wearing a helmet , i couldn't understand that one and still don't.

·
Registered
22 Posts
very sorry to here about your loss. It seems it was a very humbling past week for more than a few.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks alot guys ,, helps alot ,,,,,
For a while there after it happened i thaugh i'd be selling my sled,specialy the way the wife looked at me when i mentioned my sled. But it's out of my control and like my friends say , shit like this happens ,, can't stop sledding for that , accidents will happen , even to the best of us with all the sledding experience in the world
But it's greatly appreciated

·
Registered
749 Posts
Just last weekend there was a father and his son killed. Hit a sled head on at 120mph!! Ouch. There is something about snowmobile accidents that i hate. I just shake everytime i hear of one. I feel for all of you who have lost someone in our sport. Be careful and don't drink and drive.

·
Registered
366 Posts
yikes that really sux
My buddy broke his back 2 days before xmas on his mxz 800. Try to call an ambulance when you don;t know where you are exactly. Drive save drive sober

Rich

·
Registered
864 Posts
Sorry to hear.. thoughts are with them.
I know the feeling about selling it all.. Growing up, my buddies and I were all into street bikes. One summer I lost 3 friends in the span of 2 weeks. The other 3 ,sold our stuff, coud'nt think of riding afterwards.
If you've riden long enough you know where the edge is.. trail riding it can change quickly with conditions. Drive well within your limits, or take it to the track.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by acadian
[br]Unfortunatly snowmobile accidents happen to people close to us and this time it's happened to me.
My girlfriends uncle(eugene) and son(Remi) were out ridding with some friends over the week-end , and Eugene was leading the way with his new arctic cat 900 and REmi was the next one back with his ZRT. Eugene went around a corner losing control , sending him in 360%. When he stoped , he ended up facing the oncoming ridders (wich was Remi) and then it happened. Remi's sled went over his fathers , hitting him in the chest killing his dad on the spot and sending himself about 40 feet into the woods with a broken cheekbone and arm.
Guys , be freeking carefull, don't fallow to close and don't be speeding ,, anything cann happen ,, so damn quick ,even for someone who's been around sleds 15 years.
[:(]I'm so sorry to hear about that! My heart goes out to the family! My second weekend out this year I was talking with a man in Presque Isle. He left to take a spin around the lake, and 20 minutes later my hubby was helping put the man on a body board. He lost track of the shoreline and hit a birch tree that was growing up and out over the lake. He was flyin when he hit it, and we're sure that he died instantly. His nephew was behind him. Please, all of you remember to be careful--above all else.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I checked Flying Ryans Post "PICTURES' it sent chills up my spine and then I came here. Did anyone else notice how close they were to trees?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts