Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have seen this come up on Craigslist a fwe times...wondering if it was a decent sled? He has come down on the price a couple hundred bucks and might go lower over the summer...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/rvs/1681810087.html

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Not enough info is what bugs me about ads like that. Probably a decent sled, you would just have to go through it with a fine tooth comb before buying.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Really need more information to find out if it's a good deal or not. You would have to know what has been done, what it needs, and what kind of value you put on that sled.

If it is trail converted, it would be well worth it as long as it was not beat to hell. If it is still in race form, you could easily fork out $1000+ to trail convert it.

The track appears to have seen better days, though maybe it doesn't look as bad in person. If it needs a track, finding a used Attack 20 track in good condition is not easy...and they are not cheap to buy new. They were not the greatest trail track anyhow. I swapped mine out for a different track, but swapped in a Firecat drivetrain in order to do it also. The 05-07 SnoPro's used a 3" pitch track in a 129" length making the Attack 20 the only track I have seen that will fit the SnoPro in stock form.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Not entirely sure, but if the shocks are stock, its an 04' ( 05' had Floats ). The sled has been spray painted to hell and back ( cheaply ), from what I can see.

I've seen 04's and 05's sell around here trail converted for under $2000. Before I found my sled, I was going to buy a 2004 SnoPro 440 still completely in race form for $1400.

·
Registered
567 Posts
more info definately needed or go look at it if possible

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
sledcrusher said:
Not entirely sure, but if the shocks are stock, its an 04' ( 05' had Floats ). The sled has been spray painted to hell and back ( cheaply ), from what I can see.
I'm guessing somebody swapped the front shocks. I've seen it done many times...some people just don't care for the floats. It has the proper skid and track for an 05.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Quinlan said:
sledcrusher said:
I'm guessing somebody swapped the front shocks. I've seen it done many times...some people just don't care for the floats. It has the proper skid and track for an 05.
Thats true. I didnt notice the cross-link when I first saw it.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Looks beat. Someone that doesn't take the time to take real pictures and write a lil about the sled prob doesn't take the time to care for his sled all that much.

·
Registered
863 Posts
TMAN said:
Looks beat. Someone that doesn't take the time to take real pictures and write a lil about the sled prob doesn't take the time to care for his sled all that much.
X2!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
^^^X3. no info, dark pictures, looks spray painted, obviously a kid. Offer him 1800 cash.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Pass on it, too bad Tahoe Motorsports isn't open anymore. Think you will find a better deal at Haydays, or just like you are doing, rifling through CL local ads, E-Bay, Farmington Gazette, etc. I got a buddy of mine with an eye open for yah, he lives by the Fire Station off Flagstaff

1,792 Posts
TMAN said:

2 biggest ways to hide flaws - take pix in the dark and take them when the sled (or car or boat or whatever) is wet.

I say jump on it - those klotz stickers are kool![thumb]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The only true way to tell would be to call on it and go look for yourself. But I will agree with others that sled doesn't appear to be in that good of shape. You have to be very careful when purchasing a sled that is meant for snocross. You get the guys who do care for them and then theres the ones that just piss pound the living snot out of it until it's to the point where it is junk.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
Here's one for ya

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/rvs/1724862502.html
Now THAT i would jump on!
So pretty...[:X]

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
damn i like that one! would totally scoop that up, looks like it was taken care of. But wow that really looks nice, has all the little nice things from the 2006 suspension. For 2300 obo probably could get it for 2k would be a super nice sled, now i want it :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts