Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wont get video up till after vacation. Here is what the cars looked like after the derby. (yes it hurt)

Will write how everything happened when we return.
/snofan/../images/users/tvan/HPIM0423.JPG
/snofan/../images/users/tvan/HPIM0424.JPG
/snofan/../images/users/tvan/HPIM0425.JPG
/snofan/../images/users/tvan/HPIM0426.JPG
/snofan/../images/users/tvan/HPIM0427.JPG
/snofan/../images/users/tvan/HPIM0428.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/tvan/HPIM0429.JPG
/snofan/../images/users/tvan/HPIM0430.JPG
/snofan/../images/users/tvan/HPIM0431.JPG

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
How much does that cost you? I figure the cars are toast now?? How much did you get them for originally?

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
wow, their must have been some pretty good impacts,looks like fun, bet your neck is sore now..haha

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We bought the cars for 150 each originally. To get the ready cost 50 so total of 200. It was well worth it.
The 1st car was mine. The rear end ended up being a head rest for me thats how close it was to the back seat.
I wont be sore till tommorow. LOL

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope didnt make it to the finals.They only took the top 3 cars from each heat. Thats the closest I have ever come to making it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok Ive got a few minutes before we take off.

Me and my friend were in the first heat together. I knew it was going to be bad when we pulled onto the track. They didnt put down hardly any water so it was like driving on pavement. Extremely fast.
My friend called last night and said the video from the top of his car turned out great. It should be up here next weekend.
In my wifes heat 1 guy got hit in the drivers door so hard they had to stop the race and take him out on a stretcher. He was moving so he should be ok.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Saaweeet! Well looks like you gave the crowd a good show...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still gonna be a few days for the video. But it will get posted.

If you look at the 1st pic you can see the frame bent all the way to the ground and ended up digging in. That was the only thing that stopped me. The motor still ran and there wasnt anything wrong with the FWD.

After talking with my brother (who was in the stands) he said I was the favorite of the entire crowd. He said everyone was screaming each time I took a hit and got the motor started. Even though I didnt make it to the finals that in itself was worth it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive got the video, now I have to figure out how to get it here.

Ripperd2...Is the offer still open for you to host? Ive tried to e-mail you thru this site so I dont know if you got it or not.

If nothing else works, anyone that wants to see it can e-mail me and I will send it to you.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I should probably post our car too, so here's the beast:

/snofan/../images/users/megaman/05rear.jpg

This is the typical 4 cyl. aftermath.

/snofan/../images/users/megaman/14bobcat.jpg

But of course, the engine still runs in this Cavalier, so we "tweaked" the rear end of the car up, so we can still drive it around the farm. [:D] Notice the telephone pole in the backround being used as a wall to press the car against.

/snofan/../images/users/megaman/17rear.jpg

This is what it looks like after the Bobcat got ahold of it. Good as new. LOL!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Looks like the cat in the lower right is getting read to take a leak on it. [:D]

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
88400..yes thats the frame. Thats what stopped the car from continuing.

MegaMan..Nice Pics. Here is a hint for next year. Wrap a chain around the frame by the rear axel and chain it to something solid in the ground. Jack up that side of the car in the back on the frame.(Hope that makes sense) Watch under the car while you are jacking it up and as soon as the frame creases a little bit. Stop. Do this to the other side of the car also.
You will never have the rear end fold down again. It will go straight up. That way the rear end wont get caught under the weels.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts