Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just about got our cars ready for the Demo Derby. (Racine County Fair)
/snofan/../images/users/tvan/HPIM0353.JPG
This ones mine..81 Toronado
The # on the door is the odds of me making it to the final heat[:D] 5th year running..never made it to finals

/snofan/../images/users/tvan/HPIM0350.JPG
This ones the wifes..her 2nd yr running. Last year she made it to the final heat. She runs the same heat as the guys. No powder puff.

/snofan/../images/users/tvan/HPIM0351.JPG
This one belongs to a guy I work with. 3rd year. Never made it to the finals.

And last but not least...our official beer holder

/snofan/../images/users/tvan/HPIM0355.JPG

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Great pics tvan. I like the Miller beer sign. But I REALLY like the pic of the beer holder!!! Nice lookin' Dobie. I used to have one, she lived to 14 1/2 yrs. Great dogs IMO!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They used to be street legal before we stripped them. The top car has a 302 in it. Front wheel drive. Wifes car 6 cyl..FWD. Friends car 8 cyl RWD but we welded the rear end to make it posi-traction. We actualy drive them to the derby. Its about 5 miles. We just put a vehicle in the front and back of the pack.

The dobie (bubba) is the biggest baby in the world. He turns 8 today. I have had him since he was a pup. He is very intimidating till you realize what a wimp he is [:D].
Best dog I have ever had.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more thing..If anyone has any funny sayings to put on the car let me know and I will put them on. Looking for something original. No profanity allowed (to many kids in the stands)

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I didnt think u could use fwd cars?? I want to run enduros some yr...I like the dog..haha

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Originally posted by tvan
[br]
The dobie (bubba) is the biggest baby in the world. He turns 8 today. I have had him since he was a pup. He is very intimidating till you realize what a wimp he is [:D].
Best dog I have ever had.
My Dobie Sasha was the same way. People were scared as hell of her when they first saw her. All she wanted though was to lick your face and have a good pat. The biggest couch potatoe you ever saw.

Hmmmm, sayings hu....I got some of these off a google search:

Car service: If it ain't broke, we'll break it.

Dain bramaged.

Floggings will continue until morale improves.

Forgive your enemies...but REMEMBER THEIR NAMES!

Friends come and go, enemies accumulate.

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Gun control is being able to hit your target!

"Cat: The other white meat!"

"Cover me. I'm changing lanes."

"i souport publik edekasion"

Have you laughed at a Ford lately?

Warning: I brake for hallucinations.

Do Not Wash - this vehicle is undergoing a scientific dirt test.

Get any Closer, and I will eat you

Honk if parts fall off!

Drive it like you stole it.

My son is an honor student at the State Correctional Facility.

Honk if the twins fall out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For where we run the cars FWD is an almost must unless you can get a car from the 70s. They go crazy wetting down the track so it turns into a mud pit. I have seem many people get stuck as soon as they drop the flag. When that happens the only thing they can do is sit and have watch everyone else. At least they have a front row seat.

I like the "Honk if parts fall off"

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
ilike te "honk if parts fall off"

god one for a derby

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Here's our FWD Chevy Cavalier. The derby is in 2 weeks. It's not mine though, it's my buddies'.

Here's a pic of me beating *ahem* "TESTING" out the car. [:D]

http://www.gotthrottle.com/DidIdoThat.jpg

I have lots of videos to add yet, i just have to edit them and add a soundtrack.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
LOL @ my inability to spell...we need like an auto spell checker on here

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MegaMan...I like the 8 ball. You still have time to get yourself one ready.

Ours is ran on the 27th.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
you will have to post pics of the cars again after the derby is over...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is a pic of the wifes car. Its almost done being decorated. My friends wife drew this freehand. She did an outstanding job.
/snofan/../images/users/tvan/Darcy car.JPG

Also my friend is going to mount a camcorder to the top of his car. Can anyone tell me where I would be able to post the video so I could link it to here. Or is it possible to just post the video here without having to got thru a different site. Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. I will send it out late on the 27th. Anything I should know before I send it? Because we are headed out of town for vacation on the 28th for the week so I wont know if I sent it wrong till I get back.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts