Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.. I have an '03 Pro X 600.. this is my absolute pride and joy. A few days ago i hit a tree on this. It was the saddest day of my life. I dented the belly pan up and snapped all of the radius rods on the right side. My question is about how to get the dent out of the belly pan. What can i do?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Take your steel belts around the top of the tub off. They're riveted on, so use a drill and drill those rivets out, take those steel bands off and that tub SHOULD pop right back out. If it doesn't immediately pop back into shape, just let it sit in a warm environment for 24 hours. If it still doesn't, you may have to help it out via a propane torch & a mallet, but I've never seen them not pop back into shape.
A friend and I just did that for a '96 XLT that T-Boned a car, it sat with those bands holding it in the warped shape for 6 months before we worked on it... it only took us taking the bands off & 24 hours later it was back to original shape. A new set of bands & it was a new machine again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts