Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the question is, why does the det. flash when I hit it real hard? This happened to me a few times last year. I'm not the type to hold it to the bar all the time. But when I did last year, a few times it did it. Good fuel, always! I don't get it. Anybody have this problem. Thanks in advance, Fuzz

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
tps set to high??

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Harmonics can can cause as well.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't advanced the timing. Not sure what the tps is. Clutch seems ok. I'll check the motor mounts today. When I got the sled, the guy that traded it in. Hit the back of his trailer, not to much damage. But it did do a little. I wonder if that could be the problem? Maybe it knocked things a little out of square? Make any sense? If so, how in the heck do square things back up? Thanks Again, Fuzz

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
The only way to know if its not the clutch is to replace the clutch. Not going to be a visible problem with the clutch most likely.
TPS is throttle position sensor, im not sure why this would cause detonation.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks B. Guess I'll look for another clutch. Couldn't hurt to have a spare anyhow. Fuzz

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
have your primary rebalanced, 75 bucks to have them balanced.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Fuzzman said:
I haven't advanced the timing. Not sure what the tps is. Clutch seems ok. I'll check the motor mounts today. When I got the sled, the guy that traded it in. Hit the back of his trailer, not to much damage. But it did do a little. I wonder if that could be the problem? Maybe it knocked things a little out of square? Make any sense? If so, how in the heck do square things back up? Thanks Again, Fuzz
What octane of Fuel are you running? Which position do you turn your ignition key to?

There are two positions you can turn your ignition to, they change your timing, one is for Premium fuel and one is for Regular fuel.

My cousin had this problem a few times when he turned the ignition switch to far and riding the sled with regular fuel on the premium setting.

Try this and see if it helps.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
BskidooC said:
TPS is throttle position sensor, im not sure why this would cause detonation.
when det first came out sleds were shipped with too high of a tps setting. When they lowered the setting the det light rarely came on.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. Guess I'll do one thing at a time. Start with balancing the primary. I do run premium most the time but, leave it in the regular key position. Wonder if that would do it? Doubt it. Anyway thanks for all the help. Fuzz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts